Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Piling up

The Santa Barbara trip went well, and I'm ashamed to come back to this blog and realize I never posted any requests about Congreso or even my last prayer letter that did talk a little about it. I guess things have gotten crazy and I definitely haven't been the most diligent about posting requests.

In any event, I feel in need of a lot of prayer right now: stuff just feels like it's piling up. We still need an apartment. We've been making calls, checking the paper, talking to realtors, canvasing nearby apartment complexes with our information, and haven't found anything workable yet. We had an appointment to look at an apartment today, but the owner never came and didn't answer our calls. The cosigner on the apartment said he needs to talk to me urgently and I'll need to go talk to him tomorrow. I'm honestly afraid for that conversation because I fear it will basically be him passing on the pressure that the landlord is putting on him to get us out. There's just a lot in this situation that has me scared because I pretty much don't feel like I know what I'm doing or how to go about getting results or even what steps I need to be taking. In addition to the whole apartment mess, there's finances stressing me out too. Our exchange contact, while amiable, hasn't been very time-conscious, resulting in needing to not only wait extensively for him to arrive, but also in more meetings with him. Adding to it, I'm a little bit behind and need to get caught up on keeping the books for the team's finances. The icing on the cake is feeling a little lack of motivation for ministry activities, including finishing of my latest prayer letter. I know what I want to share, it just doesn't seem to want to come out on the screen.

Thank you here and now for trying to make sense of my ranting and lifting the stuff up in prayer. Ultimately I do know that God's in control of it all and will work it out; however I'm in the moment where I'm seeing for just how much I need to be trusting him and it doesn't seem like a small amount.

No comments: