Monday, February 9, 2009

Oscar and elections and extraneous odds and ends

Please pray for:
*Oscar- We have a sixth member of our team joining us this coming weekend. He's from Maracaibo, and what is known as an MP4, a 4 month missionary intern. Please pray that he'll feel welcomed here (especially since he's never lived away from home) and learn a lot about God and evangelism during his 4 months in Valencia. Please pray for safe travel too.
*Elections- This weekend is a nationwide election on a proposition that if passed would allow President Chavez to stand for unlimited terms. Last December (2007) when a constitutional reform that included a similar article was up for vote, there was rioting leading up to it and once it was voted down, huge celebration. Pray that people would be safe regardless of the outcome of this election, and that any protests would remain peaceful.

Please continue praying for:
*Odds and ends- I still have lots of details to work on for Congreso, a prayer letter that needs writing, some taxes and fafsa paperwork to finish up, and several other things on my agenda. Pray that I can get them all done and enjoy the process.

Thank God for:
*Health-I think I'm pretty much over my cold, and I finally made it in to see the dermatologist today. She said it was definitely a scar, confirmed that there isn't any wart left in it, and gave me some cream to help the scar continue healing.
*Men's/women's time: The ladies had 5 girls over for a their sleepover, and almost a dozen guys came to the game day we had in the men's apartment. I think both activities went well, and both made for good environments to keep building on relationships.

No comments: